Tuesday, October 27, 2015

August Cont'd

I've failed to update this during the entire fall semester of school.  Now that I am finished I can have my life back for one month, so I better get blogging.

In August Chase and I celebrated our two year anniversary.  Stedson was nursing every two hours at this point, so a simple dinner date usually required me pumping.  Chase and I wanted to go on a dirt bike ride and go kayaking so I pumped four bottles for Stedson, and my mom came over for the day to watch him.  This was definitely the longest I had been away from him, and needless to say I survived.  Chase and I had a blast and the weather was awesome.  No injuries on the dirtbikes, but I did get pretty sunburned kayaking.  I did get to ride Chase's dirt bike and I loved it.  I told Chase that Stedson can have my bike and I need a new one... Ya that didn't fly.  Here are a couple of pictures from our date.

Chase and I started school this month as I mentioned.  Chase and I both attended school Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.  Chase's mom would watch Stedson on Monday and Wednesdays and then my mom would watch him on Fridays.  Chase is commuting up to Utah State University which is about 45 minutes away and then I still attend Weber State University which is about 5 minutes from the house.  School isn't too exciting.. just a lot of work, but we are definitely learning a lot. :)

Chase his brother Karson and their dad Dave went up to their property in Bear Lake which is an hour and 45 minutes away and put up a wall tent and brought up the horses and who knows what they did.  They called it the man cave.  They just cut down some trees, set up this tent, rode the horses, and hung out I guess.  Its a pretty fun little set up there.  I was invited to see the man cave, and it was a man cave.  :)

We went to Pine Valley for Labor Day weekend.  Pine Valley is in Southern Utah.  It's so beautiful there.  There are obviously many pines and it gets pretty chilly up there.  Camille's sister has a cabin up there, so some people stay inside and then others bring trailers up there and we all just hang out and play games and just enjoy the outdoors.  We took the fifth wheel up there because Stedson was only 3 months old, so I wanted a place for him to nap etc.  It was so much fun down there!  It was relaxing.  There are a lot of grandkids, so we have a couple blow up jumpy things that the kids get to play on throughout the day.  On Sunday, we attended a church that is the oldest LDS chapel in continuous use.  We got to sit outside in chairs and listen to the service because so many people come on Labor Day weekend.  Also they have these random cows that are white in the middle and either brown or black on the outside.  We call them oreo cows.  They are the strangest looking things, and I have only seen them in Pine Valley. 

Oh and of course most importantly my birthday happened (and Kristen's) ;)  I turned 23... 

No comments:

Post a Comment